1 Who are we?
We are AcerPure Inc. (“AcerPure”, “we”, “us”, “our”). We have our registered office at 7F.-5, No. 369, Fuxing N. Rd., Songshan Dist., Taipei City 105, Taiwan, R.O.C. and its group of companies around the world, with the following contact details.
Telephone number: +886-2-2696-3131
E-mail address: email@example.com
2 Whose personal data do we collect and how?
In the context of the APP, we will collect personal data relating to the APP users who register on the APP.
We will collect personal data directly from you when you register as a user to the APP and, where applicable, when you provide additional personal data to us in the context of the usage of the APP.
3 What legal grounds do we use for processing personal data and for which purposes?
The legal grounds used for our processing activities are:
1) the processing is necessary for the performance and execution of a contract;
• For your usage in the APP;
• To provide you with assistance and to communicate with you about the usage of the APP.
2) the processing is necessary for compliance with legal obligations (including our obligations under applicable tax laws, our legal administration obligations and obligations to cooperate with supervisory authorities);
3) the processing is necessary for our legitimate (business) interests:
• To enhance the usage of the APP;
• To handle complaints, disputes and (legal) proceedings in relation to the APP usage and to ensure our legal position herein;
• To prevent or detect fraud, or abuses and to protect our assets, business and personnel.
If applicable laws require so, we will process your personal data upon your explicit consent. If you have provided your consent, we note that you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time. You may do so by contacting Acer, as indicated below.
The personal data we request you to provide at the time of registration to the APP is necessary to perform our agreement with you. If you do not provide the requested data, we may be unable to provide access and allow usage of the APP.
4 What personal data do we collect?
We collect the following information about you for the purposes indicated above:
• Your contact information (name, surname, email address and country);
• Personal data that you provide while using the APP;
• IP address;
• All other personal data relevant to handle any complaint you may have, or for the dispute or legal proceedings.
5 With whom do we share personal data?
In the context of the purposes as listed above, we may share your personal data with third parties, such as service providers that we use for the management and development of the APP. This includes IT service providers, IT developers, service providers.
In addition, we may provide your personal data to our professional advisors (tax and legal advisors, lawyers, accountants and auditors), banks, partners, insurers, affiliates, legal successors and marketing agencies, IT service providers, to the extent necessary and only as far as allowed under applicable laws.
Further, we will share your personal data with competent governmental bodies in case we are obligated to do so, for example in case the tax authorities request us to provide certain documents that include your personal data.
We will ensure that, where relevant, contractual safeguards are implemented to ensure the protection of your personal data when disclosing your personal data to a third party.
As AcerPure is a global company, your personal data may be transferred outside of the country from which they were collected and may be shared both intra-group as well as with third parties located in other jurisdictions, including those outside the territory of the European Economic Area.
In such case, we shall take adequate safeguards to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected, in accordance with applicable data protection legislation. You may at all times request a copy of the safeguards that apply to the transfers of your personal data by using our contact details below.
6 How long do we store personal data?
Your personal data will not be stored for longer than is necessary to the completion of all purposes for which we process them (we refer to the purposes as listed above). After that, all data will be deleted. Only where we are legally obliged to (for example due to legal administration, - retention or tax obligations), or where this is necessary for defending our interests in the context of judicial proceedings (e.g. in case of a dispute), we will store the personal data for longer periods.
For more information about the specific retention periods that apply to your personal data, please contact us by using the contact details below.
7 How do we protect personal data?
We will implement the necessary administrative, technical and organisational measures for ensuring a level of security appropriate to the specific risks that we have identified. We protect your personal data against destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of or access to personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
Further, we seek to ensure that we keep your personal data accurate and up to date. In view thereof, we kindly request you to inform us of any changes to your personal data (such as a change in your contact details).
8 What are your rights and how you can exercise them?
You have the right to:
• (further) information about your personal data;
• access your personal data;
• rectify your personal data;
• withdraw your consent at any time (if applicable);
• erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’);
• restriction of processing of your personal data;
• object to the processing of your personal data;
• receive your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to (have) transmit(ted) your personal data to another organization.
Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement in relation to the processing of your personal data by us.